These little cups are the perfect decadent treat. With a smooth rich chocolate encasing a sweet caramel filling all tied together with a hint of salt, they make a tasty indulgent dessert or snack. They are also easy and quick to make and require only 6 ingredients.
1. Add the dates to a bowl and cover with boiling water. Allow to soak for 10 minutes or until soft.
2. Once softened, drain the water from them then add the dates to a high speed blender or food processor along with the salt and almond milk. Blend until smooth.
3. In a saucepan over a low heat, combine the cacao butter, cacao powder and maple syrup. Once all combined remove from the heat.
4. Using either a lined or silicone mini muffin tin, fill the cups about ⅓ with the chocolate.
5. Place in the fridge for about 2 or 3 minutes so that the chocolate hardens slightly without setting.
6. Spoon about a teaspoon of the date paste on top of the choc, then cover with more chocolate so that the caramel layer is fully covered & smoothed over.
7. Place in the fridge until set then enjoy. Store these in the fridge until ready to eat!
*Item not available online but is available in your local GoodFor store.
This recipe was contributed by Ella Farrugia aka @thecuriousavocado.