Who else agrees that the best part of baking is ‘taste testing’ the dough and licking the spoon? Now you can relive your childhood memories with this slice made from plant based chickpea cookies, meaning that it’s safe to eat in dough form! Not only is this slice sweet, chewy and delicious, it’s a great source of plant based protein thanks to the chickpeas acting as the base.
2 cups cooked chickpeas
3 tbsp nut butter of choice
2 tbsp melted coconut oil*
3 tbsp coconut sugar
⅓ cup maple syrup*
½ cup almond meal
½ cup oat flour (if you do not have oat flour you can add rolled oats to a blender and blend well until is resembles a fine flour)
3 heaped tbsp vanilla pea protein (or some more oat flour)
½ tsp sea salt
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
¼ cup dark chocolate chips or chunks
1. Add all ingredients except the chocolate chips to a blender or food processor.
2. Blend until very smooth. You have have to stop and scrape down the sides occasionally.
3. Stir in the chocolate chunks.
4. Line a baking tray and press the cookie dough into a square about 2-3cm thick.
5. Place in the freezer for about an hour then remove and slice.
Best stored in the fridge for up to 5 days but will also last in the freezer.
*Item not available online but is available in your local GoodFor store.
This recipe has been contributed by Ella aka @thecuriousavocado.