Making your own Easter treats has never been so easy. These dark chocolate eggs don’t require a mould for the chocolate and are filled with a date and tahini based chewy caramel. They can be prepared in no time at all and are made with only 5 plant based ingredients. You can also get creative and add your favourite toppings before the chocolate sets such as cacao nibs or freeze dried fruit.
1. Add the dates to a bowl and cover with boiling water. Allow to soften for about 5 minutes.
2. While the dates soak, add the oats to a blender and blend until it resembles a fine flour. Transfer to a bowl.
3. Drain the dates, reserving about 1 tbsp of the liquid and add to a blender or food processor. Blend until it forms a paste.
4. Add the tahini, salt and the oat flour back to the blender and blend until a sticky dough forms.
5. Place the dough in a bowl then refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until the dough is no longer sticky and can be easily rolled.
6. Roll the dough into Easter egg like shapes.
7. Melt the dark chocolate then coat the ‘eggs’ in the chocolate.
8. Refrigerate until the chocolate hardens then enjoy!
This recipe was contributed by Ella aka @thecuriousavocado.