These fig and vanilla protein balls are the perfect pre- or post-workout snack, afternoon pick me up or late night treat. They are naturally sweet thanks to the figs which also provide a chewy texture and unique flavour. The pea protein and almonds are both natural sources of plant protein that help with recovery after a workout. These are ridiculously easy to make!
1. Remove the stems from the dried figs then place in a bowl and cover with hot water. Allow to soften for about 10 minutes.
2. While the figs soak, add the almonds to a food processor or high speed blender and pulse until only small chunks remain.
3. Drain the figs then add them to the blender, along with the pea protein, maple syrup, salt and vanilla.
4. Blend until a dough forms.
5. Remove from the blender and place in a bowl. Refrigerate mixture for about an hour until easy to handle.
6. Once chilled, take about 1 tablespoon at a time and roll into balls.
*Item not available online but is available in your local GoodFor store.
This recipe was contributed by our pal Ella aka @thecuriousavocado using ingredients from in store.