This fragrant and flavourful loaf makes for the perfect accompaniment to your morning coffee or an afternoon tea shared with friends or family. Made with minimal and wholesome ingredients, it is nutritious and satisfying and takes less than 10 minutes to prep. The smell of it baking will leave your kitchen smelling delicious with the warming aroma of fresh ginger and the sweet citrus notes from the orange. Best served warm along with your favourite spread.
3 cups of rolled oats, blended into a flour
1 cup coconut milk (full fat)
2 tbsp ground flax seeds + 5 tbsp water
4 tbsp coconut oil*, melted
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar*
¾ cup coconut sugar
Zest of 1 orange
1cm thumb of ginger, grated
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp sea salt
1. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees.
2. In a small bowl, mix together the flax seed and water and set aside.
3. Once thickened, add the flax mixture to a large mixing bowl along with the coconut milk, melted coconut oil, apple cider vinegar, coconut sugar and orange zest. Whisk until combined.
4. To this, add the oat flour, ginger, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
5. Mix well until combined then pour into a lined or greased loaf tin.
6. Place in the oven and bake for 45-50 minutes, or until a knife comes out clean.
Allow to cool fully in the tin before removing and slicing.
*This recipe has been contributed by our friend Ella aka @thecuriousavocado