While we’ve all realised the chemicals in our food and skincare aren’t doing any good for our health, chemical-laden cleaning products are often overlooked as we spritz, spray and disinfect our homes.
Reducing indoor ‘pollution’ is important to consider for a healthy lifestyle, from eco-UNfriendly cleaning products to the not-so-fresh air you let in. While most of the time we don’t have much control over what lingers in the air, we do have control over what we are cleaning with.
Get our fave natural cleaning products by room, helping to keep your home pollution to a minimum.
Eco Friendly Kitchen Cleaning
- Ecostore Multi Purpose Cleaner* – Clean your kitchen surfaces effectively without nasty chemical residues. This combination of plant-based ingredients offers a spotless finish on all hard household surfaces.
- Ecostore Dish Liquid* – For sparkling clean dishes after every wash, this plant-based dish liquid is your new go-to. It is pH balanced, making it kind to your skin and suitable for those with sensitivities.
- Ecostore Hand Wash* – As the skin is your largest organ and has the potential to take in everything it comes in contact with, using a natural hand wash is important. This natural hand wash will cleanse, condition and nourish your skin without stripping its natural oils and causing dryness. Perch a reusable bottle of this next to your sink to keep your hands naturally clean at all times.
- Compostable Wooden Dish Brush – Clean and scrub pots, pans and crockery. This dish brush is not only eco, lasting forever in your kitchen with a replaceable head, but it also looks beaut in the minimalist kitchen. These brushes are so popular, we are currently sold out but they will be back very soon!
Eco Friendly Bathroom Cleaning
- Ecostore Toilet Cleaner* – Formulated with organic eucalyptus oil for a delightful fragrance, this toilet cleaner has been proven to kill common household germs without introducing potentially harmful toxins into your bathroom space.
- Ecostore Bathroom & Shower Cleaner – Use on your shower screens, tiles, porcelain, chrome, metal, fibreglass, acrylic, glass, sinks and baths to cut through dirt, soap scum and hard waterspotting for a sparkling finish.
- Detox Your Bathroom Cabinet – Cleaning your bathroom is also a great time to sift through your bathroom cabinet and dispose of any expired or useless products (and when we say ‘dispose’, we of course mean donate to friends, family or charity). It is best to keep your skincare and personal care products to a minimum by finding what works for you and sticking to these specific products. This way you can avoid accumulating unnecessary products that never get used.
Eco Friendly Laundry
- Ecostore Laundry Liquid* – This gentle yet effective formulation leaves your laundry fresh and clean. Being free of optical brighteners, phosphates and synthetic fragrances means it is kind to your skin and is ideal for those with sensitivities.
- Ecostore Fabric Softener* – Add a little fabric softener to your wash for luxurious softness and the fresh, clean smell of natural citrus. With no potentially harmful chemicals, such as synthetic dyes or perfumes or any tallow (animal fat), this softener is effective on laundry and gentle on the environment.
- Ethique Flash Laundry Bar – This solid laundry bar is made with 100% biodegradable ingredients, pure essential oils and white Kaolin clay to remove oils and dirt. Flash is 100% soap free, pH balanced and is equivalent to three bottles of laundry liquid. Not to mention it smells beautiful and will last for wash after wash after wash!
- Homemade DIY Stain Remover – Surprisingly simple to make at home, if your stains won’t budge you may want to take matters into your own hands. It’s as simple rubbing a mixture of a little baking soda, white vinegar, water and soap into the stain before putting through a wash cycle. For delicate garments, you may want to use your bamboo toothbrush to lightly brush the stain remover into the stained area.
* Not available online but you can refill at your local GoodFor store.