Looking for a way to up your snack game and increase your intake of protein while you’re at it? Well then look no further than these hemp protein brownie bites. Biting into one of these little morsels is sure to make your taste buds tingle with an explosion of cacao and a subtle nuttiness from the nut butter and hemp protein. They are made from all plant based ingredients that will give you a boost of energy and they make the perfect afternoon snack for when you’re in need of a little pick me up.
2 cups medjool dates
1 ½ cups almond meal
½ cup cacao powder
½ cup hemp protein
⅓ cup nut butter of choice
¼ cup almond milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ tsp sea salt
1. Add the medjool dates and almond milk to a high speed blender or food processor and blend until it forms a paste.
2. Add all the rest of the ingredients to the blender or food processor and blend until it forms a thick dough. You may have to occasionally stop and scrape down the sides to help it blend.
3. Refrigerate the dough for at least 1 hour.
4. Once chilled, shape the dough into square bites and top with more cacao and hemp seeds.
5. Store in the fridge for up to a week or freeze for 3 weeks or more (if they last that long!).
Recipe contributed by Ella Farrugia aka @thecuriousavocado